Friday, August 23, 2013

Julius Dilligard Jr. of Crown Hights Affair live at

When you have a friend of such of such incredible talent it's easy to take it for granted and forget the sheer power and emotion of his performance, that is until you are in it. I was having a cup of coffee at Starbucks this morning when the song Superfly by Curtis Mayfield came on and got my feet tapping and body moving when I immediately thought of Julius Dilligard rocking it in several venues I have seen him perform in.  From His top 40 hits with the Crown Heights Affair to his joyous soul lifting ballads, this man delivers-always.With his effusive smile and unabashed laugh you can't help but have a good time in his presence and when he hits the stage its an incredible ride where you witness something of depth and power, a pure aesthetic and true communication. If you ever get the rare opportunity to see him live you will understand what it means to be moved and taken into another world. I salute you Julius for both your talent and continued humanitarian endeavors I am fortunate indeed to know you sir. Marc Cosentino Goodfella's Staten Island Ny.

No comments:

Post a Comment