Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fugettaboutit! Suport the troops that support you.

Perhaps being a USAF veteran and having a father that was a US Marine have influenced me a bit but I am always humbled and honored when I meet a United States soldier.

 Taking the oath of enlistment: "I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." is a big deal. 

 Enlisting, moving far away from your home and family with the distinct possibility of becoming a prisoner, mamed or killed in action in as even bigger deal. On occasion we at Goodfella's get to take care of these fine people that are sacrificing for our freedom and we consider it an honor to cook  pizza in our brick oven for them and do what little we can to make their lives a little more comfortable or enjoyable while letting them that we care and respect them. 

When we received this photo from the Commander telling us he " got our backs" it was very touching and is one of those great moments. God bless America and all it stands for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment