Thursday, June 13, 2013

The joy of pizza!


Where do I begin? Taste, flavor ingredients, dough, prepping, or baking methods? Having been in the pizza business for over 20 years I have a lot to draw on here but it always comes down to my favorite part of the business, the people. I have been extremely fortunate in the pizza world but I realize it is like Thomas Edison said that genius is disguised as hard work, and working hard 7 days a week for years does pay off, if you survive. We started Goodfellas Brick Oven Pizza   www.goodfellas.com back in 1993 after my brother and I quit our jobs and went "all in". Serving our customers, hearing their stories and becoming part of their lives over the years is what made it worthwhile for me. From engagements to weddings and births to the first days of school, baseball, communions, graduations, and birthdays, wow! It's like having a gigantic family and the pleasure of sharing all the fun. Yes, there were times of heartbreak too such as 911 and Hurricane Sandy but I remember a customer saying this in the days after the attacks on our country " I'm disgusted and in a daze but I always stop here on my way home because you guys always make me smile and feel better".  What is that worth? Priceless. Next blog will be about cooking in the NY Brick Oven Co. Wood fired brick oven and how it adds to the fun.  www.brickovensforsale.com
brick oven

No comments:

Post a Comment